Friday, August 20, 2010

How should I propose to my girlfriend?

I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend soon and want any ideas out there. I don't really want to do anything in public, but I want a nice classic romantic time with just the two of us. We live in Idaho...so it may be cold, but doesn't rule anything out for the outdoors.How should I propose to my girlfriend?
If you are in the Boise area hake her on that dinner and open horse drawn sleigh ride that they have up at Bogus Basin. The driver will be there, but the two of you in an open sleigh on a mountain trail looking over the city would be VERY romantic and unforgettable.





My husband bought a cake and a tube of icing. He wrote ';will you marry me'; on the cake and stuck my ring in one of the roses. He had it sitting on the kitchen table when I came home from the office.How should I propose to my girlfriend?
In the nude
Oh congrats :)


Well if you want maybe classic valentines day is coming up.


Maybe go full out. Have her have the morning at a spa.


Then prepare whereever you live all pretty. You could go out


for dinner or stay in if you can cook well.


I always like the idea of setting up a camera or a video camera and purpose well being video taped. Or when the camera is gonna go pull out the ring and you will always remember her happy face.


Good luck :)
wow, are you mormon? Marrying early!





Well, I am jealous of her! I was married before and his never propose was concentual decision.


I would love to be proposed in V-days in front of the people! Anywhere, but very special place!


I now know the beauty of the propose.


Propose in bed making love, more romantic then that never!


now, if you are mormon, you cannot make love so that makes a little challengy but you can find a exit for that!
thats lovely for you to be so thoughtful.


think about what she loves? like favorite flowers? if she likes to pamper herself? things like that...


like, if she's a girly girl, then think about buying her a day at a spa, so she can get totally pampered, then that gives you time to clean the house and light heaps of candles, sprinkle rose petals and little love notes (maybe write little notes of all the things you love about her?) all over the bed and make it a really romantic environment, perhaps ask one of her girlfriends to help you with making the house lovely, (the feminine touch always helps, and the friend will be THRILLED to help, believe me). perhaps cook something really special for dinner? or even hire a chef for the night (perhaps a friend, or a friend of a freind? ask around, you'll be surprised how many people will be willing to help when they find out what it's for)?


then when your darling comes home she's feeling lovely and glorious about herself and is greeted by you having made an obviously huge effort (believe me, this is the thing that'll mean alot.)


spending heaps of money isn't necessary, and it's the things that you yourself put effort into that means the most to people. cos they know how much it meant to you to go to so much trouble. it doesn't seem extravigant cos it's just at home, but it'll be far more intimate for you both.


hope it gives you some ideas.


good luck!
Throw a party and ask her dad and your parents to come especially, make sure they get pictures... like a Valentine's day party or something. But don't tell anyone that will tell her. Make a toast... say a few words about why you love her and then get down on your knee and propose.
maybe when it snows bring her out to eat and then bring her out side and give her a rose before at the resteraunt and then have her hold it and then ask her but before you do it ask her dad and get a nice ring and think if you want her to be in here life
I think making a treasure hunt in your home (or hers if you don't live together) would be really nice. Write loving things on the cards (what you love about her, your favotire memories, etc) and also a clue for where she can find the next card. For your last card you have the engagement ring there! Then you propose. I love this idea. Wish my husband had done it for me!
have a candle light dinner and tell her everything..


gud luck..
Have her dress up. To do this, tell her you're taking her out on a date (and follow thru on it... .but after). I tell you this because girls dream that they'll be dressed up for the event.





Buy a ring BEFORE you propose.





Write a little speach of why she's the one for you. Don't make it really long. 30 to 60 seconds should do. Memorize it best you can.





Because you want it in private, do it when you pick her up. Start out the speach standing. Half way through, get on one knee and pull out the ring box. Finish the speach while you take the ring out of the box. Then, wait for her answer.





If it's a yes, then slide the ring on her finger. Go on your date.





If it's a no, pocket the ring. Sorry dude. Maybe you should change your plans for that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment