Friday, August 20, 2010

How should i propose to my girlfriend? where should i buy an engagement ring?

i want ideas on how to propose to my girlfriend when it is the time. I need to come up with a way that's different or romantic in some way.


And in a seperate, but similar question, where do i buy an engagement ring? I see plenty of places in the mall, but i've heard that they are really owned by the same people. I need to get a decent ring, but i can't spend much....ppl please tell me as much as you can....thanks in advanceHow should i propose to my girlfriend? where should i buy an engagement ring?
you buy it at a respectable jewelry store.


dont buy a lab or a russian diamond.How should i propose to my girlfriend? where should i buy an engagement ring?
Buy the engagement ring in the ring store.Then say to her you look pretty and walk away.It going to work


.
look online, different stores, find something that you think is her. www.overstock.com has some nice rings. To me it doesnt matter where it came from its who it is from. I don't care if its from Walmart!


I would have a friend or a family member in on it with you, take her back to ';hang out'; at ur place or her's and have candles lit and flowers, when you two come in she'll see everything done up and ask her there. Or if you are near a beach take her to the beach.
Idea: Send her on a day,maybe a Saturday of pampering. Send her out to the spa, hair salon, send her to a store to buy a lovely outfit for the evening. Before she returns home you cook (or derder dinner) have rose petals leading from the door to the dining area. U all eat everything is lovely, you come out w/ desert, maybe put the ring on top of a cake w/ a pretty ribbon tied to it so she can pull it out easily, get on your knee and purpose.





To find a ring, i realy like EBAY myself, try them
Most ';girls'; have in their head as to how the perfect proposal should go. Try to find this out. Does she want to see the proposal on the jumbotron at a basketball game? Does she want to see you down on one knee? Make it her dream -- something she'll always remember.


Don't buy her diamond at a mall jeweler.


You're helping to pay their overpriced rent.


Find a reputable jeweler in a jeweler's building.
I found a good ring at a pawn shop for a fraction of what it was worth new in the malls. they test the ring for validity in front of you and might even size it right there.





My name is Jeff, I am answering this for my fiancee. I proposed to her in front of the grand canyon..she wept and thought it was very romantic...I too needed to do something romantic and different. I was lucky we had already planned a trip to arizona..so I took advantage of the situation. You might try taking her to a place with beautiful scenery, find out what places she likes and suprise her..the big thing is to make it a suprise...I hid my ring in a big x-mas present box before we left..she had no idea I was going to propose...





hope that helps and good luck.
My Uncle put the ring in a little box, then a bigger box, and so forth until it was in a washer-machine sized box. He gave it to my Aunt on Christmas. She sure was suprised! As for the ring, I have no idea, I'm just a teen.


Good Luck, hope she says yes!
I am married, and my engagement was a little different. My husband took me to a great little Avocado festival and at the end of the day gave me a great speech about how much he loves me and if i would marry him. We picked out the rings later, which was great because I got to pick my own ring. Most girls have an idea in their head of what ring they would want when they marry. If you want to make it more special, maybe talk to the store ahead of time (I went to Zales, while they are very commercial, they have great rings and a large selection and have financing available) and have an assortment of rings arranged in your price rang for her to pick from and plan a nice dinner afterward, possibly near the store. So, I would plan a real nice day, give the talk, then store, dinner. Thats what worked for me. Though some girls expect the whole ring with the engagement thing, but it wasnt for me, and my husband realized that ahead of time.
I think at first you should ask her father for his daughters hand in marriage. Then plan a very romantic dinner for the two of you best place is at home. Have some soft music like Kenny G and get down on one knee and ask her to be the love of your life forever.





Depending on when you are going to ';pop the question'; another idea is to have a nice dinner together bring her to the beach and play a nice song on your car CD player and dance with her then ask her to marry you.





There are stores like Zales which you may be able to obtain a credit card and make payments on the ring.
CONGRATS!!!!


does it matter who owns the store? but if you r proposing to her, do it in a way that she will always remember. i saw some guy have the police pull them over and have him porpose. (it was on tv) but u could simply put the ring somewhere where she will notice it, and ask her to marry u.......





GOOD LUCK
Decent jewelry and or online, think about what she really does like and create a surprise on it, just remember, dont be extra cold, but dont be extra cheery, a lot of girls like it when they are surprised, specially with something or somewhere they love
Don't do it. Marriage is slavery. If you feel the need to commit to each other, then you don't need a piece of paper or an expensive ceremony to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment