Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I get over my boyfriend's past with his ex?

It's insane for me to be upset and I know but I need advice! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost a year, and have a very good relationship. It is the best relationship I have ever been in, and we treat each other great and laugh all the time. There is a problem though, he has had a much more ';wild'; past than I would have ever dated seriously before. Now that him and I are starting to think about getting married, it tears me up that he took his last girlfriend on a romantic caribbean vacation to a resort exclusively for couples. It kind of makes me feel like he's already had his honeymoon. So anytime I go to plan our ';big day'; I think about the honeymoon and it makes me SUPER UPSET! I think part of it may be that I know intimate details of their trip, b/c when him and I first became friends they had just broken up and I had a boyfriend. So I've seen all the pictures, and listened to everything they did. It's like I'm obsessed with their trip! How do I quit???How do I get over my boyfriend's past with his ex?
You need to leave the past in the past, especially if it involves an ex-girlfriend. I couldn't leave my boyfriend's ex in the past and it cost me my relationship. Don't make the same mistake.How do I get over my boyfriend's past with his ex?
his past is his past - leave it out of your relationship or you are doomed





presumably you have one too.....
He's with u now, not with her. Get over it!!!
Leave the past behind..he's with you now.
Damn girl I know how you feel. But what I think you should do is in your honey moon, instead of goin to the caribbean or to the beach, why don't ya'll try something that both of ya'll have never done, like maybe go to egypt or paris or even to china, somewhere where ya'll both would like to go and have never been to. And if you find yourself thinking about how they spent their honey moon and feeling bad, just think about who he is with right at that moment...he's with you, if he really wanted to be with his ex that's where he would be at that moment and he would've done everything possible for their relationship not to end, but he didnt so that should be enough for you to feel secure and confident that who he loves is you and who he wants to marry is you. His past shouldnt be an obstacle in ya'lls relationship. Just remember that he's with you and he loves you. Hope it works out.
I have to agree with Lady Fanel... if you constantly worry about his ex, it will cost you your relationship. Been there, done that! Your man is with you right now... not her... he wants to marry you. Not her or anyone else in his past. So, this other woman had him for a ';romantic vacation';... you have him for the rest of your life.... now who should be jealous of who??? :) And you know, if it still bothers you that much, that's just all the more reason to go above and beyond for your honeymoon... make the fireworks go off girl!! Give him a honeymoon he'll never forget! :)


She's old news... you're the real deal. No need to be jealous or upset.





Best of luck to you two!! :)
It's not easy to accept that someone we love has had a loving relationship with other people in their past. It is natural to feel like you do. Don't forget though that this girlfriend is his ex for a reason, their relationship did not last and so was not perfect. It is you he wants to marry, so he must love you more than he did her. Remember this and don't dwell on the past. Let him know how you feel so he can give you the reassurance that you need, and then you must put it behind you and realise that even thinking about his past with her may become an obsession that could ruin your future together.

No comments:

Post a Comment